Today was a great day because I failed to drop heat in my car on the way home.
I know what you’re thinking and yes, I am just like Charlie Sheen. Winning!
To be clear I was ready, willing and able to use the facilities at a friend’s house, but she didn’t have Glade in her powder room and I really thought I could make it. Which reminds me of the time my husband ALMOST shit his pants. We were heading home from a night out with friends when he said, “I want to see you naked,” which was very exciting for me until I realized what he had actually stated was, “I’m not gonna make it”.
I’m happy to report that I pulled over just in time. Luckily we were driving on a country road and not through a fancy neighborhood.
Back in 2002 one of my kids, while suffering from a stomach bug, shat across the state of Pennsylvania. We’re talking 6 hours of diarrhea as we went over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house one Christmas.
So as you can see, I’ve been on both the winning and losing sides of this game and the fact that I made it was a huge shot in the arm! Many neurological conditions can wreak havoc on your bowl and bladder control. So when you can’t run fast to hit the head, good sphincter control is a nice skill to still have.
So just to recap:
- Always keep Glade, Febreeze or Plug Ins in your powder room.
- Don’t take it personally if a friend’s good bye after a nice, leisurely, visit suddenly speeds up exponentially.
- If someone’s tailgating you they might have a really good reason.
- Sometimes a 25 mph speed limit is more of a suggestion than a rule.
- Clearly MS has significantly lowered the excellence standards that I’ve set for myself.